3D screenshots?

Apr 20, 2014 at 1:41 PM
Hi, I just downloaded your viewer and the 3D works great! but the keys for taking screenshots in 3D doesn't seem to work (alt + f1) would it be possible to add such an option to the viewer?
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2014 at 5:52 PM
Hi Misa. Are you using stereoscopic 3D or Oculus Rift output?

In stereoscopic 3D, use Ctrl-Shift-S to take a snapshot.

For Oculus Rift Ctrl-Shift-S unfortunately doesn't work properly at present; I have a note to address this in a future version. Though if you want a snapshot of the twin barrel-distorted images you can take one by running the viewer in windowed mode instead of full screen, and then use Windows' Alt-PrtSc key combination to make a copy of the viewer window in the clipboard from where you can paste it into Paint or other program of your choice.
Apr 21, 2014 at 6:30 PM
stereoscopic 3D with Nvidia 3D vision, normally you take screenshots to jps with alt + f1 when using nvidia 3d vision but I noticed this doesn't work

I tried using ctrl-shift-s but it seems to take one in png and not jps?
Coordinator
Apr 21, 2014 at 8:39 PM
Ahh, I'd never tried taking stereoscopic 3D screenshots with 3D Vision's Alt-F1 feature before now. I can't find any information on it but it would seem that it unfortunately doesn't work with OpenGL programs. I tried it with another OpenGL program and it also didn't work, but with a DirectX one it did.

Adding a stereoscopic 3D screenshots capability to the viewer is a good idea which I've noted down to possibly implement at some stage. Thanks.
Apr 21, 2014 at 8:46 PM
ctrlaltdavid wrote:
Ahh, I'd never tried taking stereoscopic 3D screenshots with 3D Vision's Alt-F1 feature before now. I can't find any information on it but it would seem that it unfortunately doesn't work with OpenGL programs. I tried it with another OpenGL program and it also didn't work, but with a DirectX one it did.

Adding a stereoscopic 3D screenshots capability to the viewer is a good idea which I've noted down to possibly implement at some stage. Thanks.
you're awesome, thank you ^^

I'm really loving being able to see SL in 3D, it's so amazing
May 12, 2014 at 4:45 PM
What kind of setup do you have or would you recommend for 3D viewing. I have a good NVIDIA card, GTX 770, but need the glasses and a 3D monitor. I also own the Oculus Rift but it is very difficult to use when navigating around in SL, so I thought I'd try this alternative.
Coordinator
May 13, 2014 at 12:19 AM
Given you have an NVIDIA card, NVIDIA 3D Vision seems like a good fit. For information on this see: http://www.nvidia.com/object/3d-vision-main.html

I should also note that if you happen to have a 3DTV, the viewer can probably display in 3D on it: it depends on the details of the equipment and drivers but it is possible with a variety of systems.