Viewer corrupted after Windows Update

May 10, 2015 at 1:19 PM
[2015/05/09 22:32] Golden Flower (saijinhua): Had a major meltdown in Viewer, almost back to post-install state.
Lost settings, one (1) IM chat log active at the time of shutdown.
This new state is after:
Update for Windows 8.1 for x64-based Systems (KB3048043)
Update for Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 Tools for Office Runtime (KB3001652)

I reinstalled "CtrlAltStudio-Viewer-Release-1-2-1-41169_Setup" and there is a total disconnect with reality i.e, viewer claiming 1500 b/w is too high and "Draw" is to large.

I have copied "C:\Users\Sai\AppData\Roaming\CtrlAltStudio Viewer" backup in NAS ~ DLINK AppData_Roaming_CtrlAltStudio and will attempt another install.

If this is unclear send me a message or IM me in SL inworld at SaiJinhua.

Appreciate any comments, suggestions.

Thanks
Coordinator
May 10, 2015 at 11:18 PM
Hi! I'm sorry to hear of your troubles. I can't think why a Windows update would interfere with the viewer installation. Except perhaps if you were running the viewer at the time that Windows was updated (maybe the Windows update was updating the C++ runtime or something)?

Bandwidth of 1500kbps too high: Yes, there is a warning message that pops up when you first move the Maximum Bandwidth slider in Preferences > Network & Cache past that value. This is part of the base Firestorm codebase; I ignore it and move the slider on up past it without problem.

Draw is too large: I don't know what this message is, sorry. Where does it appear? In response to what?

David
May 12, 2015 at 1:04 AM
Hi David,
At this stage I am at a loss about what really happened.
CtrlAltStudio has been most reliable since 2014-07-24 (download date).
I cannot find a common thread for these disruptions.
The Windows updates were removed without any change in the viewer's behaviour.
I was making use of a NAS server (RAID5) as a standard:
Network & Cache
\DLINK-120757\Volume_1\SL Users\
\DLINK-120757\Volume_1\SL Users\SaiJinhua

Then something happened...
I have a picture showing the "Draw" in https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3njxe47kgjtlhcd/AADrPeeGQnuTjMfg7Y9EQ-Msa?dl=0
For the time being I have reverted to C:\Users\Sai\AppData\Local\CtrlAltStudio Viewer\ and I have a more stable environment.
I will update further findings.

Sai